Gridiron Football Louisiana Player of the Week Previous Winners:
1. Rosepine High School senior WR/FS/K Aden Cline:
What can possibly defeat an 8 TD performance as our number one performance of the week? Well, the answer goes to one of the most versatile performances one would find in a football game. In a 48-2 win over Holy Savior Menard, Rosepine High School senior Aden Cline did his best Taysom Hill impersonation impacting the game everywhere that he was involved. As a receiver on offense, Cline had 3 catches for 103 yards and scored a TD on all 3 catches. On defense at free safety, he had multiple tackles on defense and 2 INTs including 1 INT returned for a TD, but that is not all. He is also the team’s kicker converting 6 of 7 extra point attempts, blocked a field goal on special teams, and is also the return specialist for the team. Cline accounted for 30 of the team’s 48 points and probably hands out the water and drives the bus for the team too because that’s what kind of player he is in one of the most incredibly balanced performances that you will see this season.
Once again, we appreciate every coach for sending in your player nomination. All of the players that were sent by coaches were talked about in the article or on the show. To check out this week’s Gridiron Football Player of the Week show, click below as Jace and intern Tyler Barros breakdown the standout performances in Louisiana from this week below. Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell in order to keep up with all of our Player of the Week videos!
Check out Jace’s interview with the Gridiron Football Week 8 Player of the Week in Aden Cline and his head coach Brad Ducote below!
2. Benton High School junior RB Greg Manning:
Benton High School junior running back Greg Manning did light up the scoreboard and kept statisticians busy all night long as he was the catalyst in what was the second highest scoring game in Louisiana high school football history with the Tigers getting a jaw dropping 78-71 win over Haughton. Manning’s performance made all the difference on the ground as he ran for 274 yards and 7 TDs on 29 carries plus having another 5 catches for 61 yards and an 8th TD last week. He was a touchdown making machine for the Tigers as his offense continues to click on all cylinders in a record breaking year.
3. Carencro High School senior QB Chantz Ceaser:
Carencro High School senior quarterback Chantz Ceaser had himself a night last week against Sam Houston beating several school records in the process in a 72-55 win over Sam Houston. First off, Ceaser broke the single game record by accounting for 7 TDs while throwing for 348 yards and 5 TDs plus 75 more yards and 2 more TDs on the ground, but during the game, he also set school records for most touchdown passes in a game, most touchdown passes in a season, and most touchdown passes by a Carencro quarterback. The statisticians were certainly very busy keeping up with Ceaser rewriting the Carencro record book Friday night.
4. Carencro High School freshman WR Chantz Babineaux:
As only a ninth grader, Carencro High School wide receiver Chantz Babineaux put on the most prolific receiving performance in program history setting program records in yards and touchdowns with 10 catches for 265 yards and 4 TDs. Babineaux helped the team set eight school records in what was one of the highest scores from a team in the state this season with his team scoring 72 points against Sam Houston.
5. John Ehret High School senior QB Royal Falgout:
When the opposing coach also votes for a player to be nominated for the player of the week, then you know the player had a great game and this player did. John Ehret High School senior quarterback Royal Falgout completed 9 of 15 passes for 109 yards and a TD, but it is what he did in the ground game that made his performance special in a 33-28 win over Chalmette. On the ground, Falgout had 17 carries for 255 yards and 3 TDs in a game which he carries the load for the Patriots offense.
6. The Willow School senior DT Gregory August:
A week after Dutchtown High School senior defensive tackle Diego Spears was on top of the list last week, another defensive lineman has made our top ten in The Willow School senior defensive tackle Gregory August. August was all over the field, which is hard to do as an interior defensive lineman and completely filled the stat line with 7 tackles, 3 sacks, 4 TFLs, 2 fumble recoveries, a blocked punt, and even scored a touchdown in the team’s 37-21 win over Benjamin Franklin.
7. Oakdale High School senior RB Cedrick Allison:
Oakdale High School senior running back Cedrick Allison had an encore performance in the top ten after being our number three performance in Week 7. This week, Allison still put up gaudy numbers in a 74-26 win over Pickering with 12 carries for 305 yards and 5 TDs. That marks back to back 300 yard performances for the Warriors speedster.
8. St. Martin’s Episcopal High School sophomore RB Harlem Berry:
St. Martin’s Episcopal High School’s standout running back Harlem Berry continues his incredible sophomore campaign with another big time performance on the ground showing why he has already been offered by many DI programs around the country. Berry had 15 carries for 281 yards and 5 TDs with his scores coming from 13, 40, 34, 64, and 20 yards out in 40-0 win over West St. John.
9. Homer High School junior LB Jamarquese Hampton:
Homer High School junior linebacker Jamarquese Hampton was all over the field and was wherever the football was in the Pelicans’ 43-6 win over Arcadia. On defense, Hampton racked up 16 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, and an interception while also adding a touchdown himself on the offensive side of the football.
10. Carencro High School junior RB Kennon Ryan:
Carencro High School running back Kennon Ryan helped the Golden Bears set eight school records in the 72-55 win over Sam Houston last week as he opened up the passing game with a Carencro type of performance on the ground that is always expected for the Golden Bears running backs rushing for 260 yards and 3 TDs.
11. Archbishop Hannan High School senior RB Josh Alonzo:
It was a great day for the Archbishop Hannan High School Hawks on the ground as Josh Alonzo is one of two Hannan running backs that made this list. Alonzo was the leading ballcarrier in the 54-28 win over Loranger with 15 carries for 264 yards and 2 TDs and also was the recipient of a 17 yard touchdown catch too.
12. De La Salle High School senior RB PJ Martin:
De La Salle High School senior running back PJ Martin has been Mr. Consistency on this Gridiron Football Top Performances list every week as he has been featured three of the last four weeks. Martin, who came into this week as one of the state’s leading rushers, padded on the stat sheet even more in a 48-9 win over Riverdale. Like Thibodaux’s Demarcus Singleton, Martin took advantage of limited carries rushing for 196 yards and scoring 4 TDs on only 8 carries.
13. Catholic High School senior WR Daniel Harden:
Everybody knows about Catholic High School five star wide receiver and LSU commit Shelton Sampson, but there is another wide receiver from Catholic High that came through in a big way last week for the Bears. That player is senior wide receiver Daniel Harden, who had eight catches for 92 yards and 3 TDs including the game winning touchdown on the last play of the game. Harden came up as the hero of the game for the Bears and gave his team a very important district win.
14. Thibodaux High School senior RB Demarcus Singleton:
Thibodaux High School senior running back Demarcus Singleton had a short, but very productive night in a 40-21 win over Central Lafourche as he only had six carries, but half of those carries went for touchdowns. Playing in only the first half, Singleton ran for 183 yards and three touchdowns taking advantage of every opportunity he touched the football.
15. Eunice High School senior WR Tylon Cooper:
Eunice High School senior wide receiver Tylon Cooper is having a great senior season and once again, he makes our Top 15 list again. Although it was in a 49-38 loss to DeRidder, Cooper had another standout game not only as a receiver for the Bobcats with six catches for 144 yards and 2 TDs, but as a kick returner with an 80 yard return accounting for 18 of the team’s 38 points.
Honorable Mentions (No Particular Order):
- St. Paul’s High School senior RB Jacob Davies: 28 carries for 206 yards and 3 TDs in 31-14 win over Mandeville
- Delhi High School senior WR/CB Eric Washington: 121 receiving yards and 2 TDs plus an INT on defense in 40-38 win over Delta Charter
- Dutchtown High School senior QB Pierson Parent: 15 carries for 225 yards averaging 15 yards per carry and 2 TDs rushing; Completed 8 of 9 passes for 48 yards in 42-0 win over St. Amant
- Archbishop Shaw High School senior RB David Kency: 26 carries for 209 yards and 3 TDs in 57-21 win over Patterson
- Archbishop Shaw High School senior QB Jayce LaCava: Completed 5 of 7 passes for 59 yards and 2 TDs while having 8 carries for 108 yards and 2 TDs rushing in 57-21 win over Patterson
- Cecilia High School senior DT Blake Stevens: 12 tackles (6 solo/6 assists) and 1 forced fumble in 21-16 loss to Opelousas
- Salmen High School senior RB Issac Casnave: 21 carries for 241 yards 3 TDs in 37-35 win over Franklinton
- DeRidder High School senior RB Ronnie Crosby: 28 carries for 210 yards and 3 TDs in 49-38 win over Eunice
- Arhchbishop Hannan High School junior RB Cartez Brown: 7 carries for 157 yards and 2 TDs in 54-28 win over Loranger
- Woodlawn High School senior QB Rickie Collins: 171 passing yards and 2 TDs plus 138 yards rushing and 1 TD; 309 total yards and 3 TDs in 30-28 loss to Catholic High School (B.R.)
- Warren Easton High School sophomore RB Fredrick Robertson: 171 rushing yards and 2 TDs; also scored a 3rd TD in the 20-14 win over Madison Prep