Tyler Mills is a class of 2023 ATH out of G. Ray Bodley High School in Fulton, New York. Tyler is like a swiss army knife for his team, as he plays on both sides of the ball. Also, he does the kicking for his team and is a return specialist. He plays wide receiver on offense and cornerback on defense. He is 5’10 and weighs around 170 pounds. On the offensive side of the ball Tyler is a deep threat receiver with great speed and soft hands. He has elite jumping ability and is not afraid to go up and make a big play in the air. He does a great job of maneuvering through traffic and getting early separation from defenders in his routes. Tyler also possesses excellent explosiveness and elusiveness with the ball in his hands. On the defensive side, Tyler is an aggressive defender who is not going to shy away from contact and a good open-field tackler. He possesses great technical skills and uses his physicality to make big hits on the field. Tyler currently has a 4.0 GPA.
1. When did you start playing football?
I started playing football when I was 3 years old and was playing tiny mite for Fulton pop Warner
2. What would you say is your biggest strength as a player?
I think my biggest strength as a player is my playmaking ability and be able to win 50/50 jump balls
3. What have you learned about yourself playing football?
I’ve learned from football to be a better man by teaching me teamwork,discipline, and responsibility.
4. Are there any aspects of the game that you worked on this past offseason/summer to get better for this season?
This past summer I went to a bunch of camps and would go to any local field to work on route running, footwork, and catching drills. I also worked out in the gym everyday.
5. What motivates you?
My family motivates me the most because they do so much for me and have help me throughout my football journey.
Tyler’s Mid-season highlights
6. Do you think running track and field has helped you on the football field?
Running track definitely helped me a lot by getting more explosive and just overall faster
7. What are some of your hobbies?
My hobbies consist of going to the gym everyday and I like to golf a lot whenever I can.
8. Football aside, who is your biggest role model/someone you look up to?
I look up to all my parents. My mom, dad, and step dad have all impacted me in different ways.
9. Could you describe a time where you might have experienced some type of adversity?
The most adversity I have had to come over was probably when I had the flu and pneumonia a couple months ago and lost 15 pounds while I was trying to gain weight, run track, and go to camps. I worked my hardest and gained those 15 pounds back in no time and was back to myself.
10. What makes you special and different from the thousands of other recruits?
I think my hard work and speed make me different from all of the other recruits.
11. Are there any current NFL or college players that you would say you model your game after or maybe study their film?
NFL players I watch after are mainly Tyreek Hill and Stephen Diggs just because they have the speed, route running, and ability to make great plays.
12. Lastly, what is something that you would want college coaches to know about you?
Something I want college coaches to know about me is I’m never scared or will back down from any challenge put in my way.