2023 GF Player of the Week Award Winners:
- Evangel Christian Academy 2024 WR Parker Fulghum:
What could possibly top Ben Taylor’s 7 TD first half performance? It was a toss up, but getting the slight edge was Evangel Christian Academy 2024 WR Parker Fulghum. The son of former Evangel Christian Academy legend and LSU QB Josh Booty continues to add his name to the Eagles’ record book with record performance after record performance. In a 49-0 win over Bossier High School, he and his brother Peyton Fulghum, who was an honorable mention, hooked up six times for an astounding 252 yards and three touchdowns. Taking advantage of opportunities, Fulghum certainly did that as he averaged a whopping 42 yards per catch and what was most impressive about his performance was that he did so while being under the weather with the flu. Parker Fulghum did his Michael Jordan flu game impersonation and dominated to be on top of this list for Week 4.
2. Airline High School 2025 QB Ben Taylor:
Airline High School 2025 QB Ben Taylor was on our Top 10 player list last year after a big performance against Benton. Fast forward a year later and the talented junior quarterback makes his return on the list after having another big day through the air against the Tigers in a 60-35 win. Taylor was spectacular as he completed 18 of 24 passes for 471 yards and 7 TDs. What is most remarkable about that stat line was that he threw the seven touchdowns in the first half alone. The Vikings gunslinger quarterback not only threw a bunch of touchdowns, but he was in total control as he only had six incompletions in the outing as well.
3. Episcopal High School 2024 ATH Walker Dauzat:
Episcopal High School 2024 ATH Walker Dauzat is one of two Knights to have huge outings against the Port Allen Pelicans in a 55-19 win on Thursday night. Dauzat was a ball magnet for the Knights and made plays throughout the entire contest. On offense, he took a screen for 54 yards and scored on the Knights’ first touchdown pass of the season, but it was his performance on defense that made our Top 3 as he had three tackles, a TFL, and three interceptions including one that went for a 40 yard touchdown. With two touchdowns and three interceptions, Dauzat certainly had himself a big night.
4. Billingsley High School (AL) 2025 QB Landon Jones:
Our lone out of state selection in the Top 10 belongs to Billingsley High School 2025 QB Landon Jones, who is representing the state of Alabama with his performance this past Friday in a 42-12 win over rival Autaugaville. Jones, who is the son of Billingsley Head Coach Lanny Jones, had a performance that would make a coach and a dad proud of as Landon had a gritty performance completing 7 of 11 passes for 195 yards and three touchdowns while also having 10 carries for 92 yards and a touchdown running the football. The Bears quarterback also made a big impact on defense with eight tackles and even sacking the opposing team’s quarterback twice in an all-around impressive individual effort.
5. Destrehan High School 2026 QB Jackson Fields:
Destrehan High School 2026 QB Jackson Fields is one of the up and coming rising quarterback stars in South Louisiana. The young sophomore quarterback is at the helm of one of the top programs in South Louisiana and that talent is certainly merging in the first half of the season. Fields was efficient and was leading an explosive offensive attack by completing 15 of 18 passes for 352 yards and five touchdowns. Not only did he have a big game, but he posted those numbers against rival Hahnville in a 47-11 dominant victory.
6. Episcopal High School 2024 RB Braeden George:
Episcopal High School 2024 RB Braeden George has quietly had one of the best seasons in the state up to this point. It is hard to believe that a 200 yards plus rushing performance is just another day at the office for the Knights’ offensive star, but it is. In the Knights’ 55-19 win over the Port Allen Pelicans, George had an incredible outing by rushing for 273 yards and three touchdowns including an 83 yard touchdown run on 17 carries to help pull away and give them their third straight win in a row.
7. Oak Grove High School 2025 RB Jay Freeman:
The Oak Grove Tigers have an X factor in 2025 RB Jay Freeman, who showcased this past weekend that he can beat defenders as a runner and as a receiver. In the team’s 63-20 win over Rayville, Freeman had 14 carries for 210 yards and two touchdowns. He also added three catches for 83 yards and a touchdown as a receiver. In regards to all-purpose yards, the explosive and shifty Tigers playmaker accounted for 293 total yards and three touchdowns on just 17 touches in a very impressive outing.
8. Southside High School 2024 RB Collin Fabacher:
Southside High School 2024 RB Collin Fabacher made the most of his seven opportunities on Friday night against NISH in a 49-26 win. As I mentioned, Fabacher only had seven carries, but he scored on basically half of those carries with three rushing touchdowns while also rushing for over 120 yards. It was a great day for the Sharks’ rushing attack and Fabacher certainly helped make it happen.
9. Oakdale High School 2024 ATH Deekota Johnson:
Oakdale High School got the better of our #10 player of the week nominee and the Grand Lake Hornets by a final score of 44-38, and it was 2024 ATH Deekota Johnson that helped get the job done over the Warriors. Like Taylor, Johnson impacted the game in many different ways as he finished with 11 carries for 55 yards and 2 TDs as a runner, and 4 of 7 for 55 yards and a TD as a passer while also converting 4 2 point conversions (3 running, 1 passing). If that was not all, he made a major impact on special teams having two successful onside kicks. It was no doubt that in a one possession game that Johnson made a difference.
10. Grand Lake High School 2024 ATH Kaden Taylor:
Grant Lake High School 2024 ATH Kaden Taylor did his best Taysom Hill impersonation this past week in a 44-38 loss to Oakdale High School. Although it was in a loss, it certainly was a winning effort as Taylor produced the ever rare hat trick in football. In the game, he had a touchdown pass, a touchdown run, and a touchdown catch. He finished with 47 rushing yards on nine carries, a eight yard rushing touchdown, and a two point conversion rushing the ball, 5 passes for 120 yards, a 60 yard touchdown, and a two point conversion throwing the football, and had a 54 yard touchdown catch as a receiver. Not to mention, he also had seven tackles on the defensive side of the football. Throwing, running, catching, and tackling, this game shows how versatile Taylor is as a player.
Honorable Mentions (No Particular Order):
- St. Edmund High School 2026 RB Ke’Von Johnson: 18 carries for 200 yards and 5 TDs in 56-6 win over Crescent City Christian
- St. Michael High School 2024 QB Preston Sentino: Completed 11 of 13 passes for 161 yards and 4 TDs in 57-6 win over Broadmoor
- St. Michael High School 2025 RB John Martinez: 22 carries for 109 yards and 1 TD in 57-6 win over Broadmoor
- Teurlings Catholic High School 2024 RB Ayden Trahan: 12 carries for 103 yards and 2 TDs in 34-14 win over Notre Dame
- Madison Prep High School 2024 RB Tony Lewis: 15 carries for 149 yards and 1 TDs in 28-21 loss to Parkview Baptist
- John Ehret High School 2024 QB Eric Cheneau: Completed 13 of 18 passes for 290 yards and 4 TDs in 49-39 win over Bogalusa
- Evangel Christian Academy 2024 QB Peyton Fulghum: Completed 13 of 17 passes for 350 yards and 5 TDs in 49-0 win over Bossier
- Tomball High School (TX) 2024 RB Koby Fosher: 25 carries for 244 yards and 3 TDs averaging 9.8 yards per carry in 29-3 win over Klein
- Marlin High School (TX) 2024 LB Cory Johnson: 2 carries for 58 yards and 1 TD on offense; 11 tackles (6 solo, 5 assists) on defense in 62-7 win over Bosqueville
- Northlake Christian High School 2026 RB Kam Casnave: 17 carries for 145 yards and 3 TDs in 23-10 win over Hannan
- Breaux Bridge High School 2024 RB Cristian Matthews: 35 carries for 254 yards and 4 TDs in 51-16 win over Ascension Episcopal
- Escambia High School (FL) 2024 QB Anthony Hall: Completed 20 of 28 passes for 347 yards and 2 TDs in 37-0 win over Milton
- St. Thomas More High School 2024 RB and Navy commit Hutch Swilley: 12 carries for 114 yards and 1 rushing TD plus 4 catches for 79 yards and 1 Receiving TD (Game winner with 30 Seconds remaining in 35-28 victory over Catholic High School
- Oakdale High School 2024 RB Derrick Green: 6 carries for 98 yards and 2 TDs plus 1 kickoff return for TD in 44-38 win over Grand Lake
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School 2024 RB Kendrell Perry: 18 carries for 142 yards 2 Touchdowns and a 2 point conversion including the game winning TD and 2 point conversion in 29-28 win over Loranger
- Cecilia High School 2025 Safety Brent Gordon Jr.: 9 Tackles (5 solo); 1 forced fumble, 1 INT returned for 1 TD, and 3 catches for 78 yards on offense in 65-14 win over Crowley
- Northeast High School 2024 RB Jeromone Sampson: 20 carries for 184 yards and 2 TDs on offense; 14 tackles, 5 TFLs, and 2 sacks on defense in 20-16 win over Central Private
- Terrebonne High School 2024 RB Jayce Johnson: 10 carries for 133 yards and 3 TDs in 62-13 win over H.L. Bourgeois
- Westminster Christian Academy RB Michael Cunningham: 17 carries for 227 yards and 3 TDs in 34-26 win over Hamilton Christian