2023 GF Player of the Week Award Winners:
1. St. Martin’s Episcopal High School 2025 RB Harlem Berry:
After being a frequent name on our list last season, St. Martin’s Episcopal High School 2025 RB Harlem Berry is finally our number one Gridiron Football Player of the Week for his electric performance in a 58-28 win against Riverdale. With legit 4.3/40 speed, Berry has drawn the attention from the majority of the big heavy hitter programs across college football. As one of the top playmakers in Louisiana, this incredible stat line was just another day at the office for Berry as he finished the game with 16 carries for 221 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs while also having 3 receptions for 106 yards and 2 receiving TDs on offense. Not only did the Saints’ star playmaker account for 327 total yards and 7 TDs on 19 touches, but he also had 4 tackles, 1 fumble forced, and 1 fumble recovered on defense.
2. Lakeview High School 2024 RB Kaleb Collins & 2025 RB Omarion Pier:
The Lakeview Gators’ dynamic 1-2 running back punch was so good that we decided to combine the both of them for our number two overall performer from Week 3. Running the double tight double wing offense, there is no denying that Andy Boone enjoys running the football as 2024 RB Kaleb Collins had 12 carries for 280 yards and 3 TDs plus 2 two point conversion while his counterpart 2025 RB Omarion Pier had 11 carries for 271 yards and 4 TDs plus 3 two point conversions. Both running backs combined for an astounding 551 rushing yards, 7 TDs, and 52 points in the team’s 58-12 win over Northwood Lena.
3. Opelousas Catholic High School 2024 QB Mark Collins:
The only signal caller that mades our Gridiron Football Top 10 list this week is Opelousas Catholic High School 2024 QB Mark Collins, who led the Vikings to a 46-0 win over Port Barre High School. In the win, the UL Ragin Cajuns baseball commit showed that he is not too shabby as a quarterback as he accounted for 370 total yards (251 passing, 119 rushing) and 7 total TDs to lead the way.
4. Homer High School 2025 RB Gregory Williams:
Homer High School 2025 RB Gregory Williams had a busy Friday night for the Pelicans as he ran for 275 yards and 4 TDs on offense and had 10 tackles plus a fumble recovery on defense. Williams’ efforts on both sides of the football led the way to a 55-38 win over General Trass.
5. Evangel Christian Academy 2024 DE and Texas A&M commit Gabriel Reliford:
Evangel Christian Academy 2024 defensive end Gabriel Reliford is a top ten player in the state of Louisiana and although the Eagles did lose this past week to Westgate in a 34-12 final score, the Westgate players and coaches certainly took notice of the Texas A&M commit. Reliford did all he could as he was pretty much unblockable against the Tigers posting 13 Total Tackles (10 solo, 3 assists), 6 TFLs, 4 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.
6. Seward High School (AK) 2024 RB Kupono Albino:
For our number six player of the week, we go all the way up to the state of Alaska as Seward High School 2024 RB Kupono Albino continues his hot season with another impressive performance in a 34-18 win against rival Nikiski as the bruising ballcarrier had 16 carries for 258 yards and 4 TDs as well as a two point conversion while also playing both ways for the undefeated 5-0 Seahawks with 9 tackles and 2 TFLs.
7. Archbishop Shaw High School 2025 RB Jasper Parker:
Archbishop Shaw High School got a big 43-28 rivalry win this past Friday against Archbishop Rummel by retrieving the Megaphone for the first time since 2007. For head coach Hank Tierney and the Eagles, the biggest hero of the big win had to be 2025 RB Jasper Parker, who broke out with 20 carries for 171 yards and 5 TDs to lead the way and give the Eagles a huge springboard for the rest of the season.
8. Hancock High School (MS) 2024 RB Zach Gullung:
Hancock High School 2024 RB Zach Gullung has helped the Hawks have a high flying offense that has averaged over 47 points per game through three weeks. This past week in a 46-7 win over Petal High School, Gullung went off as he had 25 carries for 241 yards and 2 TDs plus 2 catches for 74 yards and 2 more TDs to account for an incredible 315 total yards and 4 total TDs.
9. Tioga High School 2024 Safety Ja’Corian Norris:
Tioga High School 2024 safety Ja’Corian Norris was a ballhawk on the defensive side of the football for the Indians and actually outscored Pineville himself in a 35-0 win. Norris finished the game with 8 total tackles (5 solo tackles, 3 assists), and 3 interceptions including 2 that were returned for touchdowns. As a two way starter for the Indians, Norris had no problems in turning defense into offense whenever he got the ball in his hands.
10. Dutchtown High School 2024 LB Carter Hanberry:
Dutchtown High School’s defense has been dominant in their last two games posting two consecutive shutouts against Ponchatoula and most recently, Covington in a 38-0 shutout victory. One of the veteran leaders for the Griffins in senior linebacker Carter Hanberry certainly stood out the most as he was all over the field with 7 tackles (4 solo, 3 assists), 2 TFLs, 2 sacks, 1 INT, and 1 FF. Not only was the Southeastern commit a standout defender, but he gave the Griffins plenty of short fields based on his forced turnovers and big defensive plays throughout the contest.
Honorable Mentions: (No Particular Order):
- Pine High School 2024 RB James Owens: 9 carries for 118 yards and 2 TDs plus 1 catch for 44 yards and 1 TD in 48-0 win over Pearl River
- Edna Karr High School 2026 QB John Johnson: Accounted for 7 total TDs in 48-14 win over Warren Easton
- Thrive Academy 2025 RB Keiron Ross: 25 carries for 183 yards and 1 TD in 32-26 win over North Central
- Bogalusa High School 2024 QB Ashton Levi: Completed 12 of 27 passes for 224 yards and 1 TD; 22 carries for 185 yards and 4 more TDs in 39-20 win over Salmen
- Escambia High School (FL) 2025 K Morgan Stancliff: 5 for 5 in extra points in 37-0 win over Fort Walton Beach
- Destrehan High School 2024 RB Shane Lee: 14 carries for 101 yards and 1 TD; also had a catch for 34 yards in 21-7 win over East Ascension
- Lafayette High School 2025 QB Kevon’te Landry: Completed 10 of 22 passes for 337 yards and 3 TDs; also had 5 carries for 60 yards and 1 TD in 41-33 loss to Sulphur
- Delhi High School 2025 RB/WR/KR Jay Wright: Accounted for over 200 All-Purpose yards, 3 TDs (2 receiving, 1 rushing), and had 1 touchdown return called back on punt in 58-0 win over Capitol
- Pflugerville Weiss High School (TX) 2025 QB Jax Brown: Completed 24 of 35 passes for 345 yards and 5 TDs in 52-50 win over New Braunfels High School
- Pflugerville Weiss High School (TX) 2024 WR Jacques Spradley Demps: 10 catches for 148 yards and 2 TDs in 52-50 win over New Braunfels High School
- John Ehret High School 2024 QB Darnell O’Quinn: Completed 5 of 6 passes for 100 yards and 2 TDs plus 7 carries for 85 yards and 1 TD in 42-0 win over Booker T. Washington
- Cecilia High School 2025 QB Diesel Solari: Completed 9 of 12 passes for 78 yards and 1 TD plus 13 carries for 133 yards and 4 TDs in 44-0 win over Northside
- Oak Grove High School (MS) 2024 & Texas A&M QB commit AJ Maddox: Completed 24 of 27 passes for 415 yards and 4 TDs plus 6 carries for 25 yards in 45-44 OT win over Madison Ridgeland Academy
- St. Edmund High School 2025 QB Kane West: Completed 5 of 9 passes for 257 yards and 2 TDs in 46-6 win over Westminster Christian Academy (Lafayette)
- Ouachita Christian High School 2024 LB Noah Lovelady: 13 solo and 10 assisted tackles (3rd most single game record) in 31-6 win over Mansfield
- Daphne High School (AL) 2025 QB Jamar Malone: Completed 22 of 29 passes for 344 yards and 3 TDs; 7 carries for 59 yards and 2 TDs in 56-14 win over Davidson
- Galveston Ball Hall High School 2026 QB Kyden Barker: Completed 13 of 18 passes for 231 yards and 5 TDs plus 4 carries for 36 yards. Total 267 yards and 5 TDs in 62-28 win over Houston Sterling
- Donaldsonville High School 2025 Safety Quinnton Dabney: 1 pick six and 1 punt return for a TD in 30-14 win over West St. John
- U-High 2024 WR/K Granville Anderson II: 7 catches for 86 yards and game winning field goal against Catholic High in 31-30 victory
- St. Martinville High School 2024 QB Kaden Zenon: 3 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs in 40-19 win over Breaux Bridge
- St. Martinville High School 2026 LB Touree Mallery: 16 tackles and 1 sack in 40-19 win over Breaux Bridge
- Marlin High School (TX) 2025 WR Jordan Womack: 3 catches for 119 yards and 2 TDs in 20-13 win over Groesbeck High School