VIKINGS WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON, BUCCANEERS LB DEVIN WHITE &
COMMANDERS K JOEY SLYE NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 10
Wide receiver JUSTIN JEFFERSON of the Minnesota Vikings, linebacker DEVIN WHITE of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and kicker JOEY SLYE of the Washington Commanders are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 10 (November 10, 13-14).
OFFENSE: WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
- Jefferson recorded 10 receptions for a career-high 193 receiving yards and a touchdown in Minnesota’s thrilling overtime victory over Buffalo. It marked the most receiving yards by any player in the league in Week 10 and included a key, 32-yard acrobatic reception on fourth-and-18 with two minutes remaining in regulation.
- This is the second-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Jefferson, also earning the honor in Week 11 of the 2021 season. He joins Pro Football Hall of Famers Cris Carter and Randy Moss as the only Vikings wide receivers to win the award multiple times.
- He joins former college teammate Ja’Marr Chase as the only LSU wide receivers to win the award twice.
DEFENSE: LB DEVIN WHITE, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
- White totaled nine tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in Tampa Bay’s victory over Seattle in the first-ever NFL regular-season game in Germany. He was the only player in the NFC to record two sacks and a forced fumble in Week 10.
- This is the third-career Defensive Player of the Week for White and first this season:
- 2020: Weeks 7, 15
- 2022: Week 10
- He becomes the third Tampa Bay linebacker to earn the honor at least three times, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks (six-time winner) and Hardy Nickerson (three-time winner).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K JOEY SLYE, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
- Slye converted all four of his field goal attempts in Washington’s victory over Philadelphia on Monday Night Football, connecting from 32, 44, 55 and a career-long 58 yards. He also converted both of his extra point attempts to account for 14 points, the most of any kicker in Week 10. Slye was also the only kicker to convert on multiple field goals from over 50 yards this week.
- This is Slye’s second-career Special Teams Player of the Week award, also earning the honor as a rookie in Week 4 of the 2019 season with Carolina. He is the first Washington kicker to win since Dustin Hopkins (Week 13, 2020).
- He is the fourth former Virginia Tech Hokie to win Special Teams Player of the Week multiple times, joining Andre Davis, Vaughn Hebron and Eddie Royal.
2022 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants||LB Uchenna Nwosu, Seattle||CB Zech McPhearson, Philadelphia|
|Wk 2||WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, Detroit||CB Darius Slay, Philadelphia||K Graham Gano, N.Y. Giants|
|Wk 3||RB Cordarrelle Patterson, Atlanta||DE Brandon Graham, Philadelphia||P Pat O’Donnell, Green Bay|
|Wk 4||QB Geno Smith, Seattle||LB Haason Reddick, Philadelphia||K Greg Joseph, Minnesota|
|Wk 5||TE Taysom Hill, New Orleans||LB Micah Parsons, Dallas||K Cameron Dicker, Philadelphia|
|Wk 6||QB Marcus Mariota, Atlanta||CB Tariq Woolen, Seattle||P Ryan Wright, Minnesota|
|Wk 7||QB Daniel Jones, N.Y. Giants||CB Marco Wilson, Arizona||K Cairo Santos, Chicago|
|Wk 8||RB Christian McCaffrey, SF||LB Za’Darius Smith, Minnesota||TE Will Dissly, Seattle|
|Wk 9||QB Justin Fields, Chicago||S Kerby Joseph, Detroit||P Jake Camarda, Tampa Bay|
|Wk 10||WR Justin Jefferson, Minnesota||LB Devin White, Tampa Bay||K Joey Slye, Washington|