Our latest Rising Star Ja’Vonta Thomas is an 8th grader out of North Iberville High School. Ja’Vonta is a quarterback and defensive back. He stands at 5’1 and weighs 120 lbs. He not only excels on the gridiron but in the classroom as well. He holds a 4.0 GPA. Ja’Vonta recently played in the Gridiron Football Junior High Bowl Game.
- When did you start playing football?
I started tackle football when I was seven years old.
2. What is your favorite thing about football?
I enjoy being able to lead my team and help others during the serious and critical times of the game.
3. What is something you have learned from football?
I have learned to help others through showing them the correct way to do things.
4. Do you play any other sports?
I play basketball along with football.
5. Who is your favorite College Team?
The LSU Tigers.
6. Who is your favorite NFL Team?
The New Orleans Saints.
7. What is your best skillset as a football player.
My IQ, I have the ability to make the correct decision during tough times.
8. Who is your biggest role model?
My parents and grandparents are my role models.
9. How do you prepare for a game?
By staying focused and staying locked in, I keep to myself so I don’t have any distractions.
10. How do you balance schoolwork and football?
By putting my schoolwork first. I know that if I don’t succeed in the classroom there is no football.
11. What is your most memorable football moment?
Winning the Pee Wee League championship in the Southern Youth Athletic Conference Championship.