Jackson Hildebrand is a 6’4” 275 lbs. offensive lineman who plays for Alamo Heights High School in San Antonio, Texas. An offensive tackle and center, he is a physical tackle who loves to stay with his block the entire play. One of the key pieces of an talented Alamo Heights squad, he is a key fixture on a line, getting to the second and third levels to open up a lane in the run game. Pancaking people is something he does well, as well as protecting his quarterback. I was able to sit down with him and do a Q&A!
- When do you start playing football?
I started playing tackle football in 5th grade. Joined a YMCA team where my dad was the head coach.
- What is your favorite thing about playing football?
The brotherhood, and being dominant in the trenches
- What have you learned the most from your coach?
You got to have 3 things: great player, great teammate and good person
- What is your favorite football memory?
When we beat Kerrville Tivy last year in the playoffs, and two-a-days with my teammates.
- What sports do you play outside of football?
Track. I throw discus and shot put
- Who is the player you idolize your game after?
Zack Martin and Quenton Nelson
- What is your favorite NFL team?
- Who do you consider to be your role model?
My dad. He played college football at the Air Force Academy
- How do you balance school and football?
Our coaches say “Academics come before football” so I prioritize my academics before football
- How do you prepare for a game?
Good night sleep, a good breakfast and stay locked in throughout the whole day
- What is your favorite pre/post-game meal?
Post game Whataburger meal with the Heights offensive line
- What is the best aspect of your game?
- What separates you from others?
My work ethic
- What is your definition of being a good teammate?
Holding people accountable, and making sure people are taking care of their bodies. Being a leader on the field as well.