Juan Minaya is a class of 2024 offensive tackle. He is 6’6 and weighs in at about 325 lbs. Juan played for Belleville High School in New Jersey, but he recently transferred to Paramus Catholic High School in Paramus, New Jersey. Juan is a physical lineman with great run blocking ability. His athleticism allows him to move up into the secondary and make a block downfield. After watching some of his highlights, I was very impressed by his talent and ability while he recently started playing football at the age of 14. He has great footwork, technical with his hands, and uses his strength well to move guys around in the trenches. As of right now, Juan’s max squat is at 500 and max bench in 325. He currently has a 3.0 GPA.
- When did you start playing football?
- What would you say is your biggest strength?
I am very coachable.
- What is your personal goal for this season?
Prove everyone wrong.
- What have you learned about yourself while playing football?
If you work hard, you can have anything.
- Football aside, who would you say is your biggest role model or someone you look up to?
My mom because she does everything.
- Describe a time where you experience some type of adversity?
When I transferred.
- When did you transfer and was there any reason?
7 months ago and better move all around.
- Is there anything specifically that you worked on this past offseason/summer?
Footwork and strength.
- What separates you from the thousands of other recruits trying to play division I football?
My mom worked too hard for me not to make it happen.
- What do you love about playing football?
Playing under the lights.
- What are some of your hobbies/interests?
Videos games and playing ball.
- Do you play any other sports?
Track and basketball.
- What is your favorite football memory?
My first varsity start.
- What is something you would want college coaches to know about you?
I’m the hardest worker in the room.